Last update: 21.09.2017
What GoldBroker.com offers to gold investors
GoldBroker.com offers investors an online platform for buying and selling physical gold and silver bullion, which is stored in vaults in Zurich, Singapore, Toronto or New York. Investors hold gold and silver in their own name, i.e. have outright ownership. GoldBroker offers clients lump-sum investments, starting from a minimum of US$ 5,000.
|Founded||2011 (Headquarter in Malta, European Union)|
|Number of clients||not available|
GoldBroker is an online platform operated by FDR CAPITAL LTD, a company incorporated in Malta. FDR CAPITAL LLC represents Goldbroker.com in the United States. The development of GoldBroker.com started in 2008.
Investors can buy and sell gold and silver bars over the Internet/ phone. Investors always trade in whole bars, i.e., they do not acquire fractional ownerships of large bars but ownership of full bars.
According to GoldBroker.com, its management comprises the following persons:
- Fabrice Drouin Ristori, an entrepreneur and fund manager
- Audrey Sauvan, COO, lawyer
- Alain Alziar, chartered accountant and auditor
- Mr. Maxime Batel – manager of FDR Capital LLC
Egon von Greyerez is a board member and director of the company.
|Precious metals||Gold, silver|
|Minimum investment||Minimum investment amount of US$ 10,000.-|
|Delivery of gold||Withdrawal possible|
|Vault locations||Zurich, Singapore, New York, Toronto|
According to the company, various security measures are implemented:
Investors acquire outright ownership of the gold and silver, which they purchase. Investors receive storage certificates or ownership titles in their names.
A warehouse receipt is provided for each bullion bar. Those receipts show the serial numbers of the bars. Clients receive also certificates of authenticity for their gold bars.
GoldBroker works with the security company Malca Amit. According to GoldBroker.com, Malca Amit accepts responsibility for the professional custodianship of the physical bullion bars described in its bar lists.
The precious metals stocks are insured.
GoldBroker does not provide independent audits of gold holdings by external auditors. Neither does GoldBroker publish the total precious metals holdings or bar lists from its storage partner Rhenus Logistics.
For security reasons, GoldBroker only allows the transfer of money to the bank account that an investor used to open with Goldbroker.com.
Trustable Gold’s Safety Criteria
|Outright Ownership of 100% Gold||Insured, independent storage||Transparent, external audit||Price transparency||Liquidity||Regulation|
|Clients of Goldbroker own their gold, it is their legal property||The gold is insured; the independent storage is done by Malca Amit||The holdings are not audited nor published by the vault operator||No, see below||Clients can place buy and sell orders on business days. In case of a sale, the client posts a request online and is then contacted by an agent, so there is no fully automated process in place.||GoldBroker is independent of banks and not regulated|
Commission for buying gold
- 1 ounce gold bar: 2.0%
- 100g gold bar: 2.0%
- 1kg gold bar: 1.5%
Fees for selling gold
1% sales commission with a minimum of US$ 75
Costs for storage and insurance of gold
- 15 – 49 troy ounces of gold: 1.5% (additional fee of 125 US-dollars, if total investment amount less than US$ 20.000)
- 50 or more ounces of gold: 1.25%
- 900 or more ounces of gold: 1.05%
- 4,500 or more ounces of gold: 0.95%
Stock inspection/ pick up fees
Personal pickup or vault visit: US$ 200.
- Open an Investor Account online
- Confirm your account by clicking on the email link, that you will receive after registration
- Complete your personal information online by filling in an online form
- Verify your account by sending the required documents:
- a) A scanned copy of your ID Card or Passport
- b) A proof of residence, as a utility bill
- c) Your International Bank Account Number (IBAN)
- Transfer funds
- Order gold or silver online
- The documents for account verification can be sent to GoldBroker by email or mail.